Build lower-body strength and muscle with these resistance band for legs exercises – recommended by personal trainer Omar Mansour…
Mansour says you should choose a band that creates a good amount of resistance in each exercise, but one you can control through the movements. Perform each exercise as below:
Reps: 30-45 secs
Rest: 60 secs
Best resistance band exercises for leg workouts
1. Resistance Band Front Squat
2. Resistance Band Reverse Lunge
3. Resistance Band Good Morning
4. Resistance Band Kickback
5. Resistance Band Side Step
Keep reading for full exercise instructions…
Before completing these leg exercises, we’d recommend completing this resistance band warm-up routine
Resistance Band Front Squat
- Stand on the band with your feet shoulder-width apart.
- Rack the band under your chin, palms facing the sky and elbows facing forward.
- Push your hips back and bend your knees, performing a front squat while keeping your elbows high throughout and your weight over your heels.
Resistance Band Reverse Lunge
- While standing, loop the resistance band around your right foot and around your neck.
- Keeping your upper body tall, step backward with your left foot and lower your body until both knees are bent at least 90 degrees.
- Push yourself back to starting position.
- Repeat with your other leg.
After completing this leg workout, try these resistance band triceps exercises
Resistance Band Good Morning
- Loop a resistance band around your neck, allowing the band to rest on the top of your shoulders. Loop the other end of the band under your feet to create tension. Start with a very slight bend in your knees.
- Roll your shoulders back, drawing your shoulder blades toward your spine to engage your upper back. Your shoulders should remain pulled back like this throughout the exercise.
- Push your hips back as your torso naturally begins to lean forward toward the floor, keeping your legs relatively straight.
- Once your torso is horizontal, squeeze your glutes forward and return to the standing position.
Try the TRX Bandit Resistance Band Kit
BUY IT NOW:
$49.95 / £69.95 / amazon.co.uk
Resistance Band Kickback
- Start on your hands and knees. Have one end of the band evenly distributed under both hands. Loop the other end of the band around the sole of your foot.
- Keep your hips square and core engaged as you extend your leg back.
- Return to the start.
- Repeat with the other foot.
After completing these leg exercises, try this resistance band full-body workout
Resistance Band Side Step
- Place your feet slightly apart from each other, looping one end of the resistance band underneath your feet and holding onto the other end. Form an X-shape by crossing the band in the middle.
- Pull the band upwards to increase the tension.
- Take small side steps one way, then the other.
Enjoyed these resistance band exercises for leg workouts? Check out this dumbbell leg workout
- Best stretching exercises for beginners
- Stretches for every body part
- Daily mobility stretches for men